Virtual Blueprint for Workplace Success Youth Job Fair
- Date: 06/17/2020 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The South Bay Workforce Investment Board (SBWIB) is proud to present its inaugural Virtual Blueprint for Workplace Success Youth Job Fair on June 17, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Hear employer presentations on available positions, a day in the life of an average employer and what precautions are being taken to protect worker safety during Covid-19. There also will be a facilitated Q&A session.
This event is an opportunity to engage with employers while building your virtual professionalism skills. Youth* (ages 16-24 are encouraged, but all are welcome) can register at the link below or on the attached flier.
Participants are invited to create 30-second "elevator speech" video for attending employers. Select videos will be featured during the event and one winner will be awarded a $200 prize for "Most Professional Presentation." Participants can email videos to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submitted videos will be cataloged for view by SBWIB employer partners for up to one year after submission (check out our attached explainer document for more details). Creativity and innovation are encouraged in participant videos.
Questions? Reach out to email@example.com
Check out our tips below:
What goes in an “Elevator Speech” video?
Make a solid impression by mentioning:
Who you are
- Start out with your first and last name
- Don't forget a warm smile and enthusiastic tone
- Talk about your school or work experiences that may interest an employer
- Volunteer, civic activities or leadership roles
- Activities and hobbies that can demonstrate your worth to an employer
Your Passions and Personality
- Mention positive personality traits your friends, teachers and family attribute to you
- Examples include “loyal, persistent, creative, confident”
Future Plans and Goals
- Plans for the summer “this summer I would like to work in…”
- Plans for your career “I would enjoy working in the following areas…”
- Plans for your education “I want to go college at….”
*ages 16-24 encouraged but all welcome